Friday, March 10, 2006

Le Palais de la Biére

There is a place in Lyon called "The Beer Palace" and their advertisement says that they offer 300 different kinds of beers. We went out to check it out.
We arrived in "happy hour" which is until 9pm. The friendly waiter sat us to a table and then we ordered or I better should say "then we were ordering". He asked each of us what kind of beer we like, what beer we haven't tried before and brought us samples of what he recommended to us. Quite nice job, he devoted to us maybe 20 minutes for one order! So this was auite a drawback, we were dying of thirst until we could finally order. And also he said to me that I should not taste the sample he gave to Lucy because then neither of us will get the taste right. So I brainstormed with her and came to the conclusion that if we want to try the beer of the other we need to keep it in our mouth and kiss... okay I am just provoking you ;)

The beer was of course good - as always is. The only thing that prevents me from beiing a returning customer (besides time-consuming ordering process) is the price - 4-6€ for small, 8-10€ for large?? This was definitely the most expensive beer in my life :) Luckily I am going to see Prague in two weeks so I will visit numerous real palaces of beer that are there! Because for me, being a king of beer means that I can get more than two glasses in one evening ;)

2 comments:

Empty said...

its normal here in paris to pay 8 for a .5L, some places even more,hence i dont go out in paris. Prague sweet Prague

Kelly said...

Yes, in Prague beer costs like water! Half a liter costs approximately 20 CZK, less 1 EUR. Now there can be no wonder about the reasons for the beer-tourism! More and more tourists come over to Czech Republic only to drink price pleasant and at the same time high quality beer. As inquiry says a beer is second most popular attraction in the Czech Republic. The beer tourism – traveling to any destination to drink cheap beer in Prague restaurants and have cheap entertainment – is still very popular. Most beer tourists are from United Kingdom.