Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend Music

Hi again, this time after the weekend music festival. I should summarize a bit...

Franz Ferdinand was great. I loved their performance, they were playing all their hits like Dark of the Matinee or Take me out, etc. In the end of their show three guys from the band together played just the drums with crazy tempo.

Pet Shop Boys concert was one of the few I will not forget. Audio-visual-dance madness, I had my mouth opened all the time and I was astonished again and again. They changed dresses quite often, once they were golden cowboys, then soldiers with medals or "big hats" (the black hat covered all body)... just the guy playing the keyboards (or sampler, I am not an expert) was standing in his flashy yellow baseball cap and sunglasses and did not care about anybody :) There were two dancers and they were doing they job really well. Once they came dressed half in half - one guy had half of the jogging suit and half of business suit, the other guy the same dressed in the opposite parts and then together they were doing a sportsman or a businessman. I almost forgot to mention "the cube". It was a dominant object on the stage in the shape of a big white cube, of course. During the show, it was flashing on the edges, had video projected on it, it was unfolded and then united again, Pet shop boys were hiding behind it, etc. The show was indeed very funny, true legends of pop!

Okay I have written a lot already, let's be short now. On Saturday I liked Bodycount and their hard rock rap or what it is. Ice-T, who founded this band and was playing as well, actually started the gangster rap movement. He was crazy motherfucker! Yeaah :) During a show, a blonde girl with big silicone tits came on the stage, he took off her black leather bra, licked her balloon and made her give him a head, then he threw her out. OF COURSE it was not real, but it was really funny :)

And after this, on another stage, I have seen Hooverphonic :) Totally different kind of music, but my favorite band. The singer Geike Arnaert was dressed in jeans and red sweater, not really attractive. It seemed to me that the sponsor of the stage (Kenvelo - a Czech-Israeli ""fashion"" brand for teenagers) also sponsored her clothes. This was quite a shock for me! In the festival leaflet I read that she usually wears nice dresses and only if the conditions are bad (like rain and mud) she will wear a sweater. Her voice was still beautiful and I liked it, I was almost in the front because there were not too many people at all.

After I left the place, I met with Matej, my friend and we went to WAKATA to have more fun. In this small pub, three not really professional DJs or just some guys from FRANCE were responsible for great FUN, almost everybody was dancing and so did we. They played some reaggae, french oldies, ska, simply they played well and made me to wake up again :) This is it for the weekend music!


www.flickr.com





No comments: