Thursday, June 08, 2006

Zizou, Henry, Barthez and my other new friends

Yesterday evening we went to Saint Etienne, about 50km far from Lyon to see the friendly match between France - China. It was a good opportunity to see the French national football team before World Cup 2006, especially with €15 tickets from Jeff, our American friend but also honorable football referee.











What to say... game was quite okay, finally France won 3:1. But how much effort would you expect to put into a friendly match, three days before World Cup? Concerning me, I still prefer to watch tennis... or ice hockey... or swimming... or even women beach voleyball (after seeing one game of Brazilian women beach volleyball team, who will ever care about Brazilian men football team?).
The bad thing I noticed when observing crowded grandstand is that football attracts only men, juveniles and boys. Women usually say that they admire football players but I think they only watch their pictures in magazines and are not really attracted by their play. Which is the same situation when men like all nice and young actresses and in principle are not really concerned about their acting skills ;) But tell me, will women ever understand men's desire to play "games" at any age?
The good thing about football is that 90 minutes of match pass more quickly than I expect :)

Nametag on his jersey says ZIDANE









Jeff and me









So today I was in school in the afternoon and I watched Roland Garros which was on bar's TV. Czech player Nicole Vaidisova lost to some Russian... merde! In the tornameny she has already beated Amelie Mauresmo and Venus Williams. She was so close to winning again, only two balls and she would be in Grand Slam finals! I have wished this so much to her. Well she is only seventeen now, she really needs more experience. (I wonder about my life when I was seventeen:) This is how it works in tennis - Performance creates Confidence and Confidence results in Performance. The mystical combination, never let anybody to intefer into this cycle, because both also decrease at the same time. Nicole, see you again!

No comments: