Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sprained Ankle

Live from Lyon, France... I have just sprained my beloved ankle.

I went to the nearby park to practice my tennis hits against the wall. WOW I was in such a good form that I was looking for the afternoon when I will play with Radi and kick ass!!! YOu know when you just hold the racquet and pam-pam all the hits are good. Just one of the backhands kinda sucked and ended stuck in the net above the wall. I tried to get it. I placed my racket against the wall, put my left foot on it and tried to use it as a higher, slow rebound. Not high enough. Unfortunately, as my right foot touch-downed the surface again, it stepped directly on a nasty rock. I lay on the ground in pain, hurting my right wrist as well. In this moment, I flashbacked all those ugly videos I have seen when somebody gets hurt and sprains his ankle or brokes a leg. AAA!

In a few minutes I got up and get it to the tree, hid under the shadow and drank some water. I was thinking how I will get out of here, I was losing consciousness a bit when walking and I had a bike with me. It was actually the bike that helped me a lot. The left foot was pedalling and right one could rest because there was no body weight burdening it like it would be if I was walking.

So now I am in my room, I am cooling down my ankle with ice, I got something good to drink, some chocolate... I deserve those! "Physical pain is killing you (Psychological pain destroys you)" - that's what I realized when I was walking. I did not have any accident like this for a long time so I almost forgot how bad it is, to feel something physically hurts. There are so many diseases and harms that causes pain human body so I must say "Respect to all the people in hospitals, without health we are nothing". Don't you also feel it when you are in a hospital, from time to time? All the people there deserve to be visited by their families and friends and not to stay alone. (On the picture - the right "phat" ankle in comparison to left "tiny" ankle - Monday afternoon)

Okay, this is one of my characteristics - when something small happens I always seek the big picture :) I am sorry for that. Now I am lying in my bed and thinking that I would need to have a small application to turn everything on laptop screen by 90 degrees so my head can rest horizontally on the pillow. I am going to watch some Discovery Channel documents and eat cookies which are the only joys that an accident can give you :)

PS: Let's make some grammar clear.

Infinitive Definition Simple Present Simple Past Past Participle Present Participle
to lay to put or place something down lay(s) laid laid laying
to lie to rest or recline lie(s) lay lain lying

Lie is an intrasitive veb (it cannot take direct object).
Lay is a transitive verb (it is incomplete without a direct object).
Lay is the past tense of lie.

If you want to ensure that you learn this, click for a small story about lie and lay. And I wish for everyone to get laid! ;)

3 comments:

Empty said...

hope it gets better soon!!!! btw, u can just turn your laptop, no need 4 special applications;-)

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»