Saturday, April 21, 2007

Kids for multicultural tolerance

Czechs kids are going to be taught to respect and be tolerant to multicultural and national differences of social groups living in their country. Schools will benefit from internet flash presentation called CzechKid which features virtual characters with different backgrounds.

I have tried the site and laughed terribly when I have found that one virtual buddy is actually Slovak boy Jožo whose parents came to work in Czech Republic because of better economic conditions :)
However, the young generation of Czech university students, at least the majority of those studying at University of Economics in Prague, might stop being racist against Slovak students (about 10%).

Okay I am having fun but I appreciate this kind of effort and wish it success. Personally, my piece of advice towards promoting tolerance would be to send EVERY student/politician/person to study abroad program like Erasmus - the opportunity to drink together with multiple national, religious, ethnic, language-speaking groups totally makes you forget stupid xenophobia!

PS1: Respect to facebook which I have been surfin' often recently. I have discovered many of friends from my Erasmus stay last year in France. It just feels good knowing that they are doing well + keeping in touch a little!

PS2 for Empty, Satankay, Vjerka: Check out Pavla virtual character at CzechKid. Notice the resemblance to one particular person ;) When you finish laughing, check Hassles "Trable - Občas se mi smějou, že jsem socka..." ;) After you finish laughing, check this pic I made like 4 years ago and compare. I guess I had an epiphany...

But behold of my great Photoshop skills! 2003 Wallpaper which resembles a condom in time spiral ;)

4 comments:

Vierka said...

mas nieco proti lecu? 8-)))

jaaaj, no sme se pobavili.
s tvojimi photoshopovskymi neskillsami by si ale mal urgentne nieco robit!

Anonymous said...

tak este raz a dufam, ze sa to nevymaze. ten projekt czechkid je celkom fajn, ale obavam sa,ze si z toho budu decka skor robit srandu...:)

Unknown said...

nakli ozvi sa mi pls, chcem na teba kontakt more..
ouje141@gmail.com

marek

vela stastia v USA, dufam,ze si zopakoval polstinu..

Empty said...

loooooooooooool hahahahaahahahaha to jhe dobree. Este ta baba aj vyzera ako Pavla. Tvoj best post yet. Breco rulez!!