Monday, April 16, 2007

Free stuff in NYC

Everybody loves free stuff. I love free stuff only when it is useful. Like this initiative of NYC. What a cool souvenir!
http://nyccondom.org

Actually, the initiative is fighting against the HIV/AIDS in the city. According to my sources, NYC has one of the highest AIDS cases rates in the country, "with more AIDS cases than Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, and Washington DC combined.". So remember to wear one of those when you are sightseeing there. NYC themed condoms are a hit, the city has given away 5 millions of packages in a month (compared to 1,5 million usually). Posters on the streets are both in English and Spanish.

The letters on the packet are type using NYC subway lines, I guess everybody noticed. In Prague, all they can do is teach us the alphabet. So unfair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. You can pick up your condom right in the street :) I wish I lived in NYC. Condoms here in Prague are cheaper, though. Btw, I checked your del.icio.us last time finding a great article about something like "Why I hate PR". You know I work in Ogilvy&Mather. So I emailed it to my colleagues at work! My boss even gave a compliment. Thanks Mike, I will go on reading your blog. You see, it's inspiring sometimes:) IV

Vierka said...

hej clovece, nemal by si nahoodu makat na DP, pripadne sa brusakovat do bezvedomia? 8-) a ty sa takto flakas... kedy prides? pridiii!

Anonymous said...

kedy vlastne prides?

Anonymous said...

People should read this.