Monday, May 22, 2006

School school school

Sorry for no posts! I am quite busy with my school - at least for next two more weeks ;( From all 5 subjects I have chosen this term only one proved to be any good - International Marketing. I have this class for 2 weeks every day, the exam is on Wednesday (not to mention 2 case studies to hand out). The professor Atilla Yaprak is really a great guy.

Today we came to a nice topic about ALLIANCES - why are they formed? I learnt about 2 contradictory theories and I like them because they resemble the man-woman relationship :) The first one - Competitive Collaboration or Learning Raise Theory by Hamel says that the alliances are created only for learning and as soon as you have learnt enough and exploited the knowledge of your partner - you leave. Conditions to succeed are: intent, transparency and absorbency. How nicely it fits the first kind of relationships - when one is a "bastard" and only wants "something"! ;)

The other theory is Resource Based Theory (Barney) or Social Exchange (Das and Tang) and says the opposite. Alliances are meant to exchange resources of firms and they are dependent on each other. To succeed there is a need of reciprocity, trust, forbearance and commitment. This is when the couple complement each other (like the example: the wife cooks, the husband eats - kiddin' ;)

So this post was educational and even I, after the explananation, have a bit less to study for the exam :) Now I would like to declare that I also made a theory. Well of course I made a lot of them but this one fits here. It is called "Why I am stupid" or "The theory of infinite initiations" The answer is memory. If I for god's sake could remember things for more than one week maximum, then I could become a president (that used to be my dream).
I am glad that Schumpeter already said in Creative Distraction that "for innovation to take root, the most important thing to happen is that the current must be destroyed". For every learning to take place, you must unlearn what you know from before.
So my dears, this is the reason why I am so very creative - and also why the outcome is never really complex :)

4 comments:

Vierka said...

I'd love to react but ...at this particular moment my current memory doesn't give me any hints how.... Do I need to unlearn it . . . ?

Anonymous said...

..a book, definitely!..wise and funny :)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»